Library visit!

Last week I was fortunate enough to visit a neighbouring high school library.

Looking towards the library entrance

Looking towards the library entrance

Balwyn High School is a government school with over 2000 students.

Large windows allow a light filled library

The library and eCentre is bright and well-designed with lots of inspiring things happening to support learning and teaching.

Impressive branding

Impressive branding

It’s always a privilege to learn from other skilled teacher librarians and library staff and this was no exception.

Fiction has its own semi-enclosed area providing a cosy and relaxing environment

Teacher librarian Debbie Mackin has developed an excellent book blog and a number of other online resources for students and teachers.

Non fiction has been judiciously weeded to reveal the best parts of the collection

A big thanks to Debbie and staff for making me feel welcome and letting me learn from them.

A "that's interesting" section has enabled students to find books like the Guinness Book of Records quickly

6 thoughts on “Library visit!

1. My, this brings back memories … both my kids went to Balwyn High. Bet the Library has changed since then! 🙂

2. Pingback: Library bus tour is a virtual reality | The Way Forward