Library to do list 2012

So I returned to work yesterday and very pleased to be back. I have a lot of things on my to do list this year and now I’m 0.4, I’ve got more of a chance of achieving them. So here goes:

Ereader survey for school website
Diigo for subjects, link to wiki
Pininterest for new books and topics?
Twitter/fb?
Book blog using posterous? Add book trailers. Use that URL for QR code new books there too
Podcasts for wiki
EBooks 
QR codes for fiction
Add list of useful apps to wiki
Douchey’s podcasts for wiki biology page
Readers Cup. Do at years 7-8 and 9-10
Link blogs to Twitter using Twitterfeed
Investigate Overdrive with a visit to Jenny Luca’s school

This is above and beyond what will be required of me in terms of providing professional learning for staff. The good news is that the Heads of Library and English support the idea of the Readers Cup wholeheartedly; the Principal agreed to a library Twitter account and I’ve started that as well as a book and reading blog and Diigo account. I’ve linked the blogs to Twitterfeed and Diigo via Packratius. I’m pleased with my progress considering we had meetings until 2.30pm yesterday and I don’t return to work until Monday.

I’m also really pleased how supportive the admin are and most teachers seemed genuinely pleased to be back. I’m looking forward to what else might appear on my radar in 2012. I wonder what it might be? What’s on your 2012 to do list?

10 thoughts on “Library to do list 2012

1. Thanks for posting this JW. It is a helpful list for all of us trying to catch up to those with the fervour and expertise such as yourself. A great prompt to many things.

2. Thanks guys. I was new to the school last year and didn’t want to bulldoze my way in. But now it’s time to start moving! Thanks for your support.

3. Thanks so much Carmel. As usual, I want it all done yesterday! Thank you for your support and you are one of the people who inspire me.

4. Great list, Judith. All great ideas, and I’m certain you’ll have these up and running soon. I was particularly interested to read “I’ve linked the blogs to Twitterfeed and Diigo via Packratius”. Gives me something to check out. We are also going to investigate ebooks and Overdrive or something similar but hopefully based on others’ experiences, eg Jenny. Good luck with it all, keep us posted.

5. Maybe we can organise a visit to Toorak College together.

Now when I publish a blog post, Twittterfeed automatically tweets it and Packratius grabs any tweets with a URL and pops it into Diigo. Save time and thought.

6. Pingback: eBook investigations | The Way Forward

7. Pingback: So how’s that ‘to do list’ going? | The Way Forward